Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

The Mirrored Girl

The Story of My Life Part VII

There is Quran and
Prayers to be made
Late night tears
Some semblance of piety

There is a dull ache
I am not oblivious
Just teary eyed in a public space
No longer knowing why

The turn out for Jummah was good
Didn't make the second jammat
I am constantly late for things
It would be the story of my life
If not for you

I am staring at the girl
On the other side of the street
No metaphors there never were
I told myself I wouldn't
How sorry I will be
When my eyes speak of what they saw

I will be held to account
Recounting every Friday
Every missed opportunity

I look at you and hope
That you will never cross that road


I don't remember when
You became the girl
The story of my life
When I first  found pieces of you scattered
In this guilty conscious

3 comments:

  1. It's been a while since you've posted your poignant, sincere poetry. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping to stick around this time InshaAllah.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful as always sis, MashaAllah. (:

    ReplyDelete