Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

A Gift

Bought on whim
It reminded me of you for
All the wrong reasons
Means meet ends behind
A small silver box

Associations taint our spirits
Sins said with our names
Till we forget the sting of unfamiliarity

Forgive me but the only gift worth giving
Is taking you by the hand and running
But how limp are our hands
We're packaged in lies
We suffocate

I'm sending empty parcels to God
Hoping he will fill these void vessels
With lightened chests and a once lost innocence

"When the servant performs a sin a black spot appears on his heart, and if he seeks forgiveness this black spot is removed, and if he returns to sin the black spot grows until his heart becomes black, and this is the 'Raan' about which Allah said, 'On their hearts is the covering of sins (raan) which they used to earn.'" (Qur'an, 83:14)
(Hadith An-Nasa'i and Al-Tirmidhi)

1 comment:

  1. MashaAllah, I love this piece very much sis. I pray that Allah will cleanse our hearts of all of the years of sin and neglect.
    I'm doing some maintenance on my blog, I just never seem to be satisfied with the design, but I'll be back soon InshaAllah.
    Keep writing sis and I'll keep reading. <3

    ReplyDelete