Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

Blue Coat

The Story of my Life Part V

There are icy paths between you
And eyes set on the horizon
I feel sorry for my feet sometimes
They never know whether to listen to
My heart and my mind in conflict
Swapping sides, thinking, feeling
Knowing pales to believing

I cannot grip these slippery thoughts
I stare at these feet wondering why
The distance does not decrease
You are still some blue blur mixing
With the sky tonight, I pray
For rain because
You are gone

How typical is this of you to be
Just between these fingers
But you are no metaphor locked between
These stanzas don't do justice to how real
Everything becomes
Over time
I will slip again and again
The snow will melt and so will I
Little pools of prayer, of sadness at your feet
Then maybe you will see
Everything that I have seen

2 comments:

  1. Sad...but simply beautiful MashaAllah. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazakallahu Khairun . You are always so kind about my writing.
      May Allah have mercy on you. Ameen.

      Delete