Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year

Dedicated to a revert

She is a quiet amble down paths
That are worn of footsteps so long ago when
Every moment of living and life was grabbed
Until suffocation, smiling , jaws begin to ache
To celebrate what she
Will never know

It is New Years Eve in the other room

Their is a great sadness on our souls
Of unfulfilled goals and untruths festering
Beneath failed attempts to rectify

I imagine what it was like to stand and call
Hoards of people, of friends and family
On the brink of hope for heaven
To speak so truthfully
With a heart filled with the love of humanity
Turned away from him

They were alone except
God watched from his throne
One step closer to paradise
To life and living eternally

Muawiyah bin Al-Hakam As-Salmi said: 
"I had a slave-girl who used to herd sheep for me. One day I discovered that a wolf had killed one of her sheep, and I'm a man from the children of Adam, I get upset like they get upset, and I slapped her in the face. Then I went to the Prophet who impressed upon me the seriousness of my act. I said, 'O Messenger of Allah, should I not set her free?' He said, 'Bring her to me.' He asked her, 'Where is Allah', She said, 'He is above the heavens.' He said, 'Who am I?' She said, 'You are the Messenger of Allah.' He said, 'Free her, for she is a believer.'
Muslim and Abu Dawud

, 'tell me, if I were to inform you that there was a band of horseman behind this mountain, would you believe me?' 'Certainly' answered the Makkans, 'to us you are above suspicion. We have never heard you utter an untruth.' The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم then informed the gathered Makkans, 'I am a messenger of warning, coming to you before impending painful punishment.... until you say that Allah is One.'
(I found this story narrated in several websites but was unable to find a source if some could find an authentic chain of narration it would be much appreciated)

Have We not opened your breast for you (O Muhammad ( peace be upon him))?
And removed from you your burden,
Which weighed down your back?
And raised high your fame
So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,
Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).
So when you have finished (from your occupation), then stand up for Allah's worship (i.e. stand up for prayer).
And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your intentions and hopes and) your invocations.
Surah Ash- Sharh


And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."
Surah Fussilat

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/145893

1 comment:

  1. SubhanAllah, what a beautiful piece. I love hearing the stories of people who revert to Islam. My father is a revert too and he was one of my first inspirations to start praying.

    ReplyDelete