Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

The Prayers

The Story of my Life Part VI

An opportunity to speak
Gone
Ya Allah give me strength
And speech so sweet that I
Could be the means
Oh my Lord forgive me

I'm walking behind you
There are no salaams stuck in this throat
In that split second I decided that I couldn't do this
How little I remember ?
How seldom I reflect ?

I have hastened important decisions
Wrongly I wait
And fate it does not deliberate
Over duas sincere

I am walking behind you
Watching the steps that you take
The way you took the entrance on the left
Scares me more than it should
Your life is becoming one big poem
And truth is my poems are rarely any good

You are more than the sum of my writings, more than unsaid words.When my sister, when will you recognize your worth?

Part V
Part IV
Part III
Part II
Part I

[Moses] said, "My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]
And ease for me my task
And untie the knot from my tongue
That they may understand my speech.
And appoint for me a minister from my family -
Aaron, my brother.
Increase through him my strength
And let him share my task
That we may exalt You much
And remember You much.
Indeed, You are of us ever Seeing."
Surah Taha

And man supplicates for evil as he supplicates for good, and man is ever hasty.
Surah Al- Isra

The supplication of a slave continues to be granted as long as he does not supplicate for a sinful thing or for something that would cut off the ties of kinship and he does not grow impatient.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allah! What does growing impatient mean?” He (PBUH) said, “It is one’s saying: `I supplicated again and again but I do not think that my prayer will be answered.’ Then he becomes frustrated (in such circumstances) and gives up supplication altogether.
Related in Muslim.

"Nothing could change the qadar except du`a’.
Tirmidhi

No comments:

Post a Comment