Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

The Sins of a Soul

I am not what you see
Broken histories reside
In my mind tainted
By the little I remember

There is so much more
I am so much worse

If I could rip open this chest
And show you the festering mess
Of half kept promises
To what degree would you
Detest the sight of me

The grotesque detail of sins
That your protected eyes
Wouldn't have thought of me
I am the sum of criminalities
On the run to the court of the King

I'd like to believe that our flesh
Is trivial
That perhaps your soul could recognize
The scars in me, not quite knowing
The extent of the fall
Not needing to know at all

The Messenger of Allah (salallahu alaihe wa-sallam) said: "My entire nation is safe, except al-Mujahirin (those who boast of their sins). Among the Mujaharah is that a man commits an (evil) act, and wakes up in the morning while Allah has kept his (sin) a secret, he says: "O Fulan! Last night I did this and that." He goes to sleep while Allah has kept his (sin) a secret but he wakes up in the morning and uncovers what Allah has kept a secret!"
Saheeh al-Bukharee

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful MashaAllah. I truly loved this, the style is amazing.
    May Allah forgive all of us and grant us a repentance most acceptable to His Majesty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The grotesque detail of sins
    That your protected eyes
    Wouldn't have thought of me"

    I especially like that line of this poem.

    ReplyDelete