Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Bipolar

The Story of my Life - Part II

There is a type of anger anew
To these veins that splutter and
Silence falls lest the bile spew

He walks on the other side of the street
This kalimah stops me in my tracks
Perhaps he loves Allah too perhaps
More than I do, I want to scream

I am stone is his presence
Cannot fathom emotion , the notion
Of which is too strong

They unpick stitches one by one
At random they pull the string loose
I was once whole, now split in two

I cannot hate him, it seems
I abhor the sin that this tongue
Cannot begin to explain , the pain
That wanes when away from faces
Empty , unremembered, of the false
Promises made last September

For part one click here

Abu Qilaba reported: Abu Ad-Darda, may Allah be pleased with him, once came upon a man who was being beaten because of his sin, and they were abusing him. He said, “What do you think if he had fallen into a well, would you not try to rescue him?” They said, “Yes.” He said, “Then do not abuse your brother, and praise Allah who has protected you from sin.” They said, “Do you not hate him?” He said, “Indeed, I only hate his sinful deed, but when he leaves it then he is still my brother.”
Abu Na’eem, Hilyat Al-Awliya, 793


Al-hamdulilah.
May Allah protect us from every evil act.
May Allah give us patience.

Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment