Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2012

For all Things Happy

There is beautiful poetry and happiness in here
In my attempts to express I have not done justice
To it or myself
Who am I to say Islam is beautiful?
Who am I to describe that final breath when reading Quran?
Who am I to tell the tales of a journey in sujood?
Perhaps a thousand poems later I could find
Within myself the qualities to make me worthy
Until then I can only write about life
Without grasping this way fully
About shortcomings, failures , silent prayers to improve
And testify to the melancholy that drifts along
When you have forgotten God and now
You are forgotten too


And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?"[ Allah ] will say, "Thus did Our signs come to you, and you forgot them; and thus will you this Day be forgotten."And thus do We recompense he who transgressed and did not believe in the signs of his Lord. And the punishment of the Hereafter is more severe and more enduring.

Then, has it not become clear to them how many generations We destroyed before them as they walk among their dwellings? Indeed in that are signs for those of intelligence.And if not for a word that preceded from your Lord, punishment would have been an obligation [due immediately], and [if not for] a specified term [decreed].

So be patient over what they say and exalt [ Allah ] with praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before its setting; and during periods of the night [exalt Him] and at the ends of the day, that you may be satisfied.And do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [some] categories of them, [its being but] the splendor of worldly life by which We test them.And the provision of your Lord is better and more enduring.And enjoin prayer upon your family [and people] and be steadfast therein. We ask you not for provision; We provide for you, and the [best] outcome is for [those of] righteousness.

And they say, "Why does he not bring us a sign from his Lord?" Has there not come to them evidence of what was in the former scriptures?And if We had destroyed them with a punishment before him, they would have said, "Our Lord, why did You not send to us a messenger so we could have followed Your verses before we were humiliated and disgraced?"Say, "Each [of us] is waiting; so wait. For you will know who are the companions of the sound path and who is guided."
Surah Ta Ha

2 comments:

  1. How grateful I feel to able to write something about my faith, though I could never in a million years give it its due through my measely words alone.
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This truly is a blessing from Allah alhamdulillah. There are so may verses in the quran alluding to the blessing of language. I would love to learn Arabic to write poetry in Arabic would make me so happy . To read the writings of Imam Shafi and Hasan ibn thabit... *sigh* Alhamdulilah indeed

      Delete