Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Time to Sin

I walk briskly past all of my problems
She has awoken early for her sin today
I am not surprised

We make time and space for
Shortcomings coming along too far
His qiyamul layl was outside a cinema
He abstains, fasting away from all good people
She is shy hiding all things from parents but not God
We sure have come along scheduling in our sins
This time is from me and only me
As if the creation of you was cheap
Idle minds idolize all things false
I am lost for words

I could have barged in there and said
" You have time for this ,
You can awake for this
Do you not value yourself
Sold for hell and a few cheap moments
Witnessed and repeated on the wide screen
Quality better than HD
For all humanity, and where is yours
Show some mercy on yourself
Find your place and place yourself
There with such certainty
Don't falter for words not rooted
In commitment , do all plants grow
But not all light is the sun
Some blinds and some burns one
Till he forgets what it felt to be alive
Don't look at me with those eyes
Harshness vs leniency
You have strengthened my moral fibers
And sharpened the righteousness in these bones
And you should know that you were wrong
You were wrong , you did lie and I did know
Gosh this game is getting old "
But I didn't

Because she was sitting next to him
And that was all , they were strangers
To strangers eyes but I
Was too caught up to believe
To stand in the middle of a corridor and dream

For every predictable sinner,
You are monochrome
And I would love for a surprise
What kind of hero is your soul
Mess with the plot line from time to time

Your souls are precious and can only be equal to the price of Paradise, therefore sell them only at that price
- Ali ibn abu-Talib (radiAllahu anhu)

God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His Light is like a niche wherein is a lamp; the lamp is in a crystal, and the crystal, shining as if a pearl-like radiant star, lit from the oil of a blessed olive tree that is neither of the east nor of the west. The oil would almost give light of itself though no fire touches it. Light upon light! God guides to His Light whom He wills. God strikes parables for people. God has full knowledge of all things
Surah An-Nur


Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) says, “I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say,
Allah stated: O son of Adam! I will forgive your sins no matter how many you have committed irrespective of their greatness as long as you pray to me and you expect forgiveness from me. O son of Adam! I will forgive you even if your sins are so many as to fill the skies if you ask forgiveness from me. O son of Adam! If you come to me with so many sins as to fill the earth, I will welcome you with so much mercy as to fill the earth if you have not associated partners with me.”

Tirmidhi

2 comments:

  1. Wow sister, a very very stirring piece. I really enjoyed this one. It's interesting how such things, done so secretly perhaps in the cover of the night, are yet so mundane, even society makes them seem so normal. I can only pray that Allah will keep us firmly planted on the right path and save us from getting caught up in the useless drama of this life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only speak from experience but most sins are blatantly wrong we feel ashamed committing them and its just through some strange arrogance that we continue. I mean just think about the sins that come out after maghrib it like on subconscious level we wait for it to get dark as if Allah can't see us then. Sorry for the psychology lesson going on there...I was writing more about how much effort we take upon ourselves to commit a sin. But al-hamdullilah your interpretation seems more apt.
      May Allah make our shortcomings apparent to us and give us the strength to rectify them. Ameen

      Delete