Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

Tonight

I wonder if tonight is the night that the path of my destiny will change . That perhaps by a gesture as small as asking with a heart full of hope of receiving that I could too run . That I could run with steps that push to the horizon and beyond, that say to this heart breathe harder because you're almost there! Steps that turn meekly towards God and say I was wrong. And that without your mercy, without your love I will have lost a loss so great that I would mourn for eternity . So these empty palms plead Oh the one who sustains me encompass me in all that is good , forgive me and on this night bring me closer . Bring me so tantalizingly close that the world and everything in it will be of no regard , bring me so close that this body may break with ecstasy , that this heart will tremble, that miserable sins will vanish and this forehead may never rise from sujood.

The best of words are that from the Book of God but I shan't quote it for when it comes to the mercy of God I would like to believe that us with our stone cold hearts that even we have not forgotten that natural inclination to return . Surely life in itself is a testimony to God's mercy .And surely the alienation has gone too far and tonight we shall learn again what true love is and where the hearts will find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment